The following are the duties & responsibilities related to the Sales Manager position:
- As a VRL Sales Manager, the role will be to maintain and grow the preclinical research testing, biologic material testing, and animal health monitoring services segments of the business within the Biotech, Pharma and CRO markets.
- Your customers will include, study directors, scientist, research associate, research technician, and laboratory animal veterinarians.
- The responsibilities of this role will include cultivating long-term relationships with key customers and thought leaders in the territory as well as generating new business through lead to opportunity conversion.
- Develop support activities to achieve upselling of products and use of products and services.
- Success will come as you protect and expand business by working with clients on preclinical research projects, biological material testing programs, and growing the research animal health monitoring laboratory business.
- You will establish and maintain relationships of existing and potential customers, including preparing and following up on quotations and bids.
- Deliver seminar-type presentations to individuals or groups of potential and existing customers on our service portfolio, in both a virtual and in-person environment.
- Complete all sales administration, including completing all Salesforce.com requirements & territory management activities.
- Business review participation, including presentation of financial models, cost justification, comparison and market feedback. Communicate competitive issues to marketing organization and business unit manager.
- Responsible for translating customer needs into custom profiles.
- Responsible for customer billing questions, assistance in resolution disputes, collections, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide annual forecasting and perform regular reviews for the region as well as each individual sales territory.
The following are the minimum qualifications related to the Sales Manager position:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in life sciences, sales or related field experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 8 to 10 years relevant industry experience, with at least five of those years with direct client interface. Scientific and research background preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience requirements.
- Certification/Licensure: NA
- Other: Excellent interpersonal, customer relationship, proactive selling, and leadership skills. Familiarity with Microsoft office and Salesforce CRM. Other duties as assigned.
Primary concentration in Mid-Atlantic/North-East.
Forty percent (overnight) travel and weekend work required